These quick and easy fuzzy chicks are fun for kids to make with craft supplies you have on hand.
Take a peek at a larger image of the finished craft.
• Yarn in desired colour
• Pipe cleaner
• Bottle cap
• Card stock
• Googly eyes
• Felt scraps
• Beads, buttons, ribbon or other decorations as desired
• Compass, pencil, scissors, craft glue, markers
• Tapestry needle
1. Cut two 30 cm (12-inch) lengths of yarn; set aside.
3. Carefully push pipe cleaner through centre of large pom-pom; bend in half at midpoint. Form legs and feet by bending pipe cleaner (see photo). To make spiral legs, twist pipe cleaner around pencil.
4. Thread tie ends from small pom-pom onto tapestry needle; push through centre of large pom-pom, tie securely and trim. Trim tie ends from large pom-pom.
5. On card stock, draw bill (for cap) or brim (for hat or bonnet) to fit bottle cap; cut out. With marker, colour as desired, then glue to bottle cap; decorate cap as desired. Let dry. Cut triangle of felt for beak.
6. Using craft glue, affix hat to head; glue on googly eyes and beak (see photo).
To make your chick into a key ring, after attaching small pom-pom in Step 4, thread tie ends from large pom-pom onto tapestry needle; push up through centre of large pom-pom and out at centre of back of bird. Tie securely around key ring; trim.
Find more great craft ideas here!
Page 1 of 1