• Round white paper lantern
• Polyester fibrefill
• White glue
• Battery-operated tealight "candle"
Take a look at a larger image of the finished snowball lantern craft.
1. With brush, apply a generous layer of glue to one-quarter of lantern's surface.
2. Stretch and flatten a small handful of polyester fibrefill until approx 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. Quickly apply fibrefill to wet glue, pressing gently. Hold until set.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until entire surface of lantern is covered.
4. Wet hands copiously with water; move hands over fibrefill, gently pressing, until surface is smooth.
5. Holding hairspray 15 to 20 cm (6 to 8 inches) away from the surface of the lantern, spray generously to set fibrefill.
6. Place battery-operated tealight "candle" on bottom wire of lantern.
This story originally appeared in the January 2013 issue. Subscribe to Canadian Living today and never miss an issue!