Bacon and Pear Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This recipe makes 1 servings
- Preparation time: 10mins
- Cook time : 10mins
- Portion size: 1
You can add eggs to the grilled cheese if you want a fuller breakfast.
- 2 loaves 2loavessliced French bread
- 2 slices 2slicescooked bacon
- 1 1bartlett pear
- 2 slices 2sliceswhite cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp 1tspspreadable butter
1. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Layer your sandwich - bread slice, cheese, pear slices, bacon, bread slice. Spread butter over the top of the sandwich. Place the sandwich top side down (butter side down) on the hot pan. Butter the exposed side of the sandwich. Let cook for a minute and then use a metal spatula to turn the sandwich over to its other side. 2 While you are toasting the sandwich on the remaining side, press down on the sandwich with a spatula. Alternatively, you can mimic a panini press (albeit without the ridges) by heating a smaller cast iron pan on a separate burner. Use the weight of this pan to press down on the sandwich from above. The sandwich is done when the sides are toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve.
Additional information : Contest recipe category: Breakfast or Brunch
Source : Ai-Chin Liu