Chicken and Hoisin Fried Rice
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 20 minutes
- Total time : PT30M
- Portion size: 4
- 1 cup 1cuplong grain rice
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupswater
- 2 2skinless boneless chicken breastskinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchicken stock
- 3 tbsp 3tbsplow sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp 3tbsphoisin sauce
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupcarrotcarrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 cup 1cupred bell pepperred bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup 1cupsnow peasnow peas
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspfresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspfresh ginger, minced
- 2 2green oniongreen onions
Bring 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the rice. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Cool.
While the rice is cooking, preheat the barbecue or a non stick grill pan to medium high and spray with cooking oil.
Cook the chicken for 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the centre. Dice and set aside.
Whisk the stock, soy sauce and hoisin sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook the carrots in a pot of boiling water until tender crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain.
Spray a non stick wok or large skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over high heat. Add the red peppers, snow peas, garlic, ginger, and carrots, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the cooled rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer. Stir in the stock mixture and the chicken. Cook for 1 minute longer, until heated through.
Source : Jodi Borneman