Chicken Cordon Bleu
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time : 1 hour
- Total time : PT1H20M
- Portion size: 6
This recipe is so easy to make and good enough for company. The best thing is that you can make it the night before.
- 6 6boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 250 grams 250gramsBlack Forest ham, sliced thick
- 1 can 1cancream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can 1/2canwhite wine
- 250 grams 250gramssliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfreshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup 1cupcroutoncroutons, (homemade are best)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into strips. Slice black forest ham into strips. Place one layer of chicken strips, followed by layer of ham and topped with Swiss cheese. Continue layering and finish with a final layer of Swiss cheese. Mix the can of cream of chicken soup with the 1/2 can of white wine. Pour over the layers. Top with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle croutons over the top. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour till top is bubbly and golden brown. (To make the night before, leave croutons off and cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate till ready to cook. Top with croutons and pop into ready oven.) Serve with hot noodles or rice with accompanying vegetables or salad.
Source : Gisele Angel