Chicken Teriyaki over Rotini
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 8 minutes
- Total time : PT23M
- Portion size: 6
- 12 oz 12ozrotini pasta
- 3 tbsp 3tbspbrown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuprice vinegar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwater
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplow sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsesame oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspfresh garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspfresh ginger, minced
- 12 oz 12ozskinless boneless chicken breastskinless boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tbsp 3tbspcornstarch
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 1 cup 1cupred bell pepperred bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1cupyellow pepperyellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1cupsnow peasnow peas, halved
- 2 tsp 2tspsesame seeds, toasted
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the rotini for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender but firm.
Combine the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 tbsp cornstarch, garlic and ginger together in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Dust the chicken cubes with 3 tbsp of the cornstarch.
Spray a wok or large non stick skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over the medium high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes or until browned but not yet cooked through. Add the red and yellow bell peppers, snow peas and sesame seeds. Cook for 3 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through and the vegetables are tender crisp.
Add the sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Toss the pasta with the chicken vegetable mixture in a large serving bowl.
Source : Jodi Borneman