Grilled Chicked Caesar Salad
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 20 minutes
- Total time : PT35M
- Portion size: 6
- 8 oz 8ozskinless boneless chicken breastskinless boneless chicken breasts, about 2 breasts
- 2 cups 2cupsItalian bread, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1eggeggs
- 5 tbsp 5tbspgrated Parmesan cheese
- 3 3anchovy filletanchovy fillets, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfreshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspfresh garlic, minced
- 1 pinch 1pinchfreshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 6 cups 6cupsromaine lettuce, torn
Preheat the over to 425 F.
Spray a grill or non stick grill pan with cooking oil and heat to medium high.
Cook the chicken for 6 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Let cool and dice the chicken breasts.
Place the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking oil. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
Combine the egg, 3 tbsp of the parmesan cheese, anchovies, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth (or use a whisk). Slowly add the olive oil, mixing until thickened.
Toss the chicken, croutons and romaine in a large serving bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
Source : Jodi Borneman