Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 21 minutes
- Total time : PT31M
- Portion size: 6
Quesadillas with grilled chicken pesto and cheese.
- 8 oz 8ozskinless boneless chicken breastskinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 1 cup 1cuponiononions, chopped
- 2 tsp 2tspfresh garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppesto sauce
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupmozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 4large whole wheat flour tortillawhole wheat flour tortillas
Spray a non stick skillet or grill pan with cooking oil and place over medium high heat.
Saute the chicken just until cooked, about 6 minutes per side. Set aside, wipe pan and respray.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until the onions are tender and browned. Stir in the pesto and cheese. Dice the chicken and add to the skillet.
Divide the mixture amoung the tortillas. Fold the other half overtop.
Heat on a grill pan or in a large skilled for 2 minutes on each side.
Cut each tortilla into 3 wedges, making 12 wedges in total.
Source : Jodi Borneman