Linguini, Broccoli and Sundried Tomato Pesto
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Preparation time: 10 min.
- Cook time : 12 min
- Total time : PT22M
- Portion size: 6
I made this dish for my younger son who wasn't too fond of broccoli but loved pasta and cheese. Now that he's older and away at school it's his favourite recipe.
- 1 package (450g) 1package (450g)linguine
- 1 bunch 1bunchbroccoli floretbroccoli florets
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupoil packed and drained sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupCanadian feta cheese
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuproasted red pepperroasted red peppers
- 2 2garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 5 5fresh basil leaffresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon 2tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgrated parmesan cheese
Cook Pasta according to package directions. The last 5 minutes add broccoli florets. Save 1 cup of cooking water before draining. As pasta cooks prepare pesto by pulsing in a processor: sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, red peppers, garlic and basil. Add oil and lemon juice slowly with processor on. Drain pasta and broccoli and place in a large bowl. Add the pesto mixture and grated cheese and mix throughly. Add some of the reserved water if pasta is too dry. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve while still hot.
Additional information : Contest recipe category: Main Course
Source : Rose Iaccino