Portabello grilled cheese
This recipe makes 1 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 10 minutes
- Total time : PT25M
- Portion size: 1
Serve with soup or by itself. This is the most wonderful grill cheese sandwich ever! I serve it to my family, and to company who come for lunch and everyone loves it and wants the recipe.
- 1 pack 1packportobello mushrooms
- 2 slices 2slicesbread, any kind
- 2 slices 2slicesorange Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices 2sliceswhite Cheddar cheese
- 8 8fresh basil leaffresh basil leaves, washed and dried
Lightly saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter. Lightly brush one side of bread with butter and put in fry pan (buttered side down). Put 2 slices yellow Canadian cheese on bread, add mushrooms, and 2 slices white Canadian cheese. Place other piece of bread on top and lightly butter. Brown both sides. Remove to plate and open sandwich. Add basil leaves and close sandwich. Let cool 5 min, cut and serve.
Additional information : Contest recipe category: Lunch
Source : jennifer boulerice