Spicy Creamy Carrot Soup
This recipe makes 5 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time : 20-25 minutes
- Total time : PT20M
- Portion size: 5
- 1 large 1largeoniononions, chopped
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 3 cups 3cupscarrotcarrots, chopped
- 1 cup 1cupsweet potatosweet potatoes or potatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsvegetable broth
- 1 cup 1cupmilk or cream
- 1 1garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash 1dashcayenne pepper, (to taste)
1. Add onion, salt, and a small amount of water to pot. Cook onion for a few minutes until clear.
2. Add chopped vegetables and stir in butter, then add broth. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Remove vegetables from pot and blend until smooth (use a blender or food processor)
4. Return soup to pot, and add cream, garlic and cayenne pepper.
5. Heat for a few minutes then serve.
Source : kristinstar_21