This recipe makes 4 servings
- Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time : 50 Minutes
- Portion size: 4
A fast and easy way to make a chicken meal. You can change the sauce if you do not like a spicy sauce. You can add any leftover cooked vegetables you have for the last 10 minutes to warm them up. While the chicken's cooking, you can prepare a salad and bread/rolls and eat those - by the time you're finished, the main meal is ready. Bon Appetit!
- 4 4boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, (fresh or frozen)
- 1 bottle (350 mL) 1bottle (350 mL)peanut sauce
- 1 1medium red onionred onions, sliced
- 1 pkg (227 g) 1pkg (227 g)sliced mushroommushrooms
- 1 1medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 2 cups 2cupsuncooked rice
- 1 cup 1cupwater
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcashewcashews, (optional)
Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Add the uncooked rice to the baking dish. In a bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients. Spoon this mixture over the chicken and rice. Cover and bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes. If company's coming, you can throw some cashews on top of each serving.
Source : themackenzies