Turkey Spanakopita Burgers or Meatballs
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 20 minutes
- Total time : PT35M
- Portion size: 4
Quick and easy to make, these burgers are even a hit with kids.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil, divided
- 3 cloves 3clovesgarlic, minced
- 10 oz 10ozfrozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tbsp 1tbspdried oregano
- 100 g 100gfeta cheese, crumbled
- 600 g 600gground turkey
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgrill seasoning
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuptzatziki sauce
- 4 4hamburger bunhamburger buns
Wring the spinach dry, and add it to a large mixing bowl, separating the clumps.
Mix in the garlic, oregano and feta. Then add the turkey, grill seasoning and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Combine well and form into four 1-inch thick patties.
Heat remaining olive oil in pan over medium-high heat, and cook patties six minutes on each side. Remove pan from heat and allow patties to rest.
Slice buns in half and arrange under broiler for 1-2 minutes until toasted golden. Top each half with 1 tablespoon of tzatziki sauce and form burgers with cooked patties.
If making meatballs, omit hamburger buns, and preheat oven to 350F.
Using 2 tablespoons of turkey mixture, roll into balls. Place meatballs on rack of grill pan, and bake in oven for 12 minutes.
Source : L Silver