Velveeta Scalloped Potatoes
This recipe makes 8 servings
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Total time : 1 1/2 hours
- Portion size: 8
This dish has been a long-time tradition with my family. It is great served with baked ham, or meatballs or roast. A special occasion dish because it is rich and very creamy.
- 10 10large white potatoes
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 2 tbsp 2tbspflour
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupswhipping cream
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupmilk
- 1 cup 1cupvelveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspblack pepper
- 1-1/2 tbsp 1-1/2tbspolive oil or vegetable oil
Peel and slice potatoes. Place in casserole dish. Add oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
Bake in 350 F oven for 1 hour or until mostly cooked through.
In a saucepan, melt butter.
Add flour and cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
Add whipping cream, milk and cheese cubes. Cook on low-medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until cheese is melted and combines with cream to a smooth consistency.
Pour over potatoes, mix well and continue to bake at 350 F for another 30 minutes.
Additional information : Contest recipe category: Main
Source : s_kolenc