White Chicken Chili
This recipe makes 8 servings
- Preparation time: 20 mins.
- Cook time : 4 to 5 hours on the low setting on a crockpot
- Total time : PT20M
- Portion size: 8
I like to prepare this in my crockpot and take it to my daughters home for a week night dinner. They get to come home to a home cook meal and I get to sit down and enjoy it with them. I serve it in big bowls and have hot crispy rolls to eat with it. It's a perfect dish for the winter months, a great comfort food.
- 1-1/2 lbs. 1-1/2lbs.chicken
- 2 16 oz, 216 oz,white beans, not drained
- 2 14 oz. 214 oz.chicken broth
- 3 cloves 3clovesgarlic
- 1 tablespooons 1tablespooonsolive oil
- 2 4oz. cans 24oz. cansgreen chiligreen chilies, not drained
- 2 teaspoons 2teaspoonsoregano
- 2 teaspoons 2teaspoonscumin
- 1 teaspoon 1teaspoontabasco sauce
- 1 200g 1200gMonteray Jack cheese
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and brown in a pan with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Drain on paper towel. Dice onions and garlic and add to oil and saute until onions are transparent. Add the chicken pieces, onion, garlic to the crock pot along with the beans, chicken broth, green chilies, oregano, cumin and tabasco. Cut Montery Jack cheese into cubes and add that as well. Put the crock pot on low setting, place the lid on and cook for 4 to 5 hours.
Additional information : Contest recipe category: Main Course
Source : LYNNE BEARE