Alissa Heidman is a small town girl who recently moved to the big city—Toronto—to pursue an education in Journalism. Her passion is writing about lifestyle, beauty and animal rights. She's spending the next few months interning for
in the Fashion and Beauty department.
Lorde went for a chic and sophisticated look at the Golden Globes last night, wearing a midriff baring pantsuit from Narciso Rodriquez. Her beauty look echoed the clean lines with minimal makeup and tame hair.
Amber D, makeup artist for
Kat Von D
Beauty helped the 18-year-old singer create a look that's refreshingly different from Lorde's signature black berry lips and spidery lashes. She opted for a matte orange-red lipstick with
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Countess
. Instead of her go-to bold black liner, she chose a bronze shadow and a dusting of deeper tones from
Kat Von D's Monarch Eyeshadow Palette
to give her smouldering metallic eyes.
Lorde’s usual wild and curly locks were tamed and pulled back into a sleek low ponytail. Wella Professional stylist, Gavin Harwin met with Lorde to discuss a look. “Taking the idea of a bound horse’s tail, I wanted to make the most of all the hair Lorde has while keeping it cool and modern.” Get Lorde's look with step-by-step instructions provided by the
Check out other 2015 Golden Globe Awards content:
Golden Globes best dressed list
Jessica Chastain's beauty look
Emily Blunt's beauty look
Photo provided by Keystone Press
- Starting with damp hair, spray Wella Professionals LuxeOil Leave In Conditioning Spray from root to tip.
- Create a strict side part and blow dry with round brush.
- Apply a dime size amount of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Elixir to mid-lengths and ends.
- Use a flat iron section by section to amplify shine and sleekness.
- Tightly tie hair at the nape of neck, wrapping the first three inches securely in 3/4 inch elastic band.
- Spread a generous amount of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Elixir through the ponytail to create super high shine.
- Finally, set the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray and a last mist of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray to finish.