Townsend was inspired by the star's gown. "The mix of embroideries looked like movement, so I wanted her hair to move beautifully as well," says Townsend.
STEAL HER STYLE — Townsend shares how to achieve Clarke's look, step-by-step.
- I started by prepping her hair by adding a few drops of the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil ($12) in her damp hair and combed through. It's loaded with African macadamia oil, which is so nourishing for the hair.
- Next, I sprayed the new Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray ($8) to the roots and blow dried with a round brush.
- Then, I took 3-inch section of hair and wrapped each section around a 1 1/2 inch curling iron. The large barrel creates bends in the hair instead of curls.
- After all the sections of hair had passed through the iron, I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray ($42) all over to give the hair great texture.
- I finished by taking a few more drops of the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil in my hands then raked it though her hair to give it tons of shine without weighing it down.