BARE ESSENTIAL MAKEUP
EMERGENCY TRAVEL MUST HAVE
I packed this Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray (50 mL, $10) into my purse a few weeks back and I'm *SO* glad I did. A spritz of water to the face and chest instantly makes you feel refreshed—especially on a non air conditioned TTC car. So much so that the dude next to me asked me to spray him down. His thoughts on the product—"Damn, that's some good H20."
KEEP THE SHINE DOWN
Blotting papers are a oily skinned girl's best friend—especially when the heat is on. Each Sephora pack comes with 100 bamboo charcoal blotting papers. The papers are powder free and charcoal has a high degree of absorbency.These sheets are effective and won't disturb your makeup—promise.
WHAT TO WEAR/WHAT NOT TO WEAR
With scorching temps sticking around for the long-haul picking the right outfit can fluster even the most seasoned fashion gals. All you want to do is put on something that feels fresh and lightweight but still makes you look pretty (and not skanky).[caption id="attachment_2977" align="aligncenter" width="249" caption="Click the image to find your perfect sundress."] [/caption]
Here are some things to remember when you are standing in front of your closet:
- Steer clear of anything too fitted or short.
- Look for a silhouette that is loose and flirty—nothing too clingy.
- Choose fabrics in natural materials like cotton, bamboo or linen.
- Stay away from silk—it can leave you with some major sweat patches.
- Lighter colours are best because they reflect light and heat.