The 2015 Golden Globe red carpet had some of my favourite hair and makeup looks to date. Gone are the days of bouncy blowouts and structured undos—thank god—instead the red carpet was dotted with glossy retro hair (Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Chastain and Allison William), posh ponytails (Kate Hudson, Lorde and Katie Holmes) and dishevelled braids (Emily Blunt, Lousie Roe and Joanne Froggatt). The makeup game was just as tight, we saw navy blue eyes on Emma Stone, cherry lips on Naomi Watts and berry lips on Lupita Nyong'o. One of my picks for best overall beauty way Jessica Chastain. She was a vision in body conscious bronze Versace gown, and her hair and makeup helped play up the sexy appeal. The results left me thinking Veronica Lake meets Jessica Rabbit. HAIR As suspected, a post show press release confirmed her dress was the inspiration for her loose Veronica Lake-esque curls with an elegant side twist created by Wella Professionals stylist Renato Campora. Here's how to recreated Chastain's Hollywood hair at-home.
- Apply Wella Professionals Elastic Energy Mousse to damp hair and blow dry using a round brush.
- Using a 1.5 inch curling iron, curl only the bottom portion of hair to create voluminous curls.
- Apply Wella Professional LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray to the top of the head to smooth any fly-aways.
- Allow hair to cool for 5 minutes then lightly brush through the curls to create a loose look.
- Apply a small amount of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade to fingertips and smooth down the front of the hair for a sleek shiny look.
- Finish the look using Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
- Kristofer created a perfect complexion using Teint Touche Eclat illuminating foundation Beige Dore and Touche Eclat N°1.
- He also applied Blush Volupté N°8 on her cheeks to get a soft transparent pink effect.
- To shift the attention to her green eyes and give her elongated smokey smoldering sexy umber eye, Kristofer used Couture Palette n°3 and N°1 intensified with Effet faux cils crème d’eyeliner – Deep black.
- On lashes, Kristofer applied lots of the Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Baby Doll Fetish Black on her top and bottom lashes to give a more intense look.
- On lips, he used Baby Doll Kiss and Blush N°7 and Volupté Sheer Candy N°1 on top.
Check out other 2015 Golden Globe Awards content: