Prime print season is upon us, so if you haven’t yet left your comfort zone of solid neutrals it’s high time to give some playful prints a try. On the runways we saw a smorgasbord of prints, stripes and pattern from sleek geometric prints at Fendi and Peter Pilotto to tribal motifs at Givenchy and Valentino. We even saw botanical anatomy at Christopher Kane—my favourite! [caption id="attachment_14172" align="aligncenter" width="531"] Eve Gravel SS/14[/caption] Mixing prints has been a big deal for the last three or four spring/summer seasons, but I realized it's not a hit for everyone. Admittedly the art of clashing is just that, an art. So for a newbie mixing and matching pattern is justifiably intimidating. My only plea, try it before you knock it. Eager to take a swan dive into the word of deliberate clashing—or maybe just make a little splash? Don’t be shy. There’s no better season than summer to hit the town in something flirty, colourful and—most importantly—fun! These tips as sure to guide you to mix master supremacy.
- If you’re timid, try a bold printed skirt with a graphic tee.
- If you're feeling gutsy with your fashion choices, try a floral skirt with a geometric blouse.
- When in doubt, pair a striped tee with a floral skirt.
- Mix large and bold prints with smaller prints to balance the look.
- When mixing pattern be sure to have one colour (or shade) that ties both mash-ups togther.
- Instead of teaming two popping patterns, wear a statement dress with a textured or colorblocked sandal or bag.