Get a refreshing spring beauty makeover
Get a refreshing spring beauty makeover
Summer's in full effect, which means the heat (and the smog and the humidity) is on. Before the season completely wreaks havoc on your beautiful self, go DIY with an at-home midsummer makeover. Invite your closest friends to join in on the fun. Then turn off your phones and spend a girlie evening pampering yourselves from head to toe.
Revive hair that's been damaged by sun, salt, and chlorine.
• Wash your hair with a hydrating shampoo such as Marc Anthony Ultimate Moisture Replenishing Shampoo. It's got shea butter to repair split ends and protect against environmental damage while soy proteins penetrate the hair shaft and bring life back to dry locks: www.marcanthony.com.
• Replenish your hair with a 5-minute conditioning treatment containing avocado oil, which repairs damage and provides intense moisture and shine. Try Redken All Soft Silk Fuel: www.redken.ca.
• Coat your hair in a thick masque such as John Frieda Critical Care Frizz-Ease Reinforce Strengthening Triple Creme Masque. Cover your mane with a shower cap for 20 minutes or leave it on overnight: www.johnfrieda.com.
• Don't forget to protect your hair from further damage the next time you head outside. Cover up with a hat or spritz your locks with Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Sun Protection Spray: www.schwarzkopf-professional.com.
Get your body bare-worthy and touchably soft.
• Exfoliate your skin with a granulated shower gel. St. Ives Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash has soft jojoba beads: www.stives.ca.
• Quench your skin with a cream that smells divine. Try Biotherm Biosenses Body Nourishing Fortifying Body Balm: www.biotherm.ca.
• Finish with an allover summer glow without exposing yourself to the sun's harmful UV rays. Try Evian Affinity Body Lotion Holiday Skin: www.evianaffinity.ca.
Page 1 of 2
Perfect your complexion
• Remove eye makeup and lipstick (even water- and budge-proof types!) with Elizabeth Arden All Gone Eye and Lip Makeup Remover: www.elizabetharden.com.
• Wash your face with a mild cleanser such as Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: www.cetaphil.ca.
• Revive dull skin with a gentle exfoliator such as Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant: www.dermalogica.ca.
• Does your sensitive skin react to everything? Try Dermaglow Sensitive Rx Gentle Face Polisher: www.vitalsciencecorp.com.
• Get out built-up grime with crowd favourite Bioré Ultra Nose Strip: www.biore.com.
• Spot-treat blemishes with a product containing salicylic acid or zinc. Try RoC Purif-AC Fast Action Gel: www.rocskincare.ca.
• Protect your skin from further damage with sunscreen and antioxidants, the wrinkle-fighting duo found in Alyria Corrective Protection Sunscreen SPF 30 Oil Free Lotion: www.alyria-med.com.
Nourish feet that have gone dry
• Soak your feet in a bath of warm water for five to 10 minutes.
• Banish rough skin with a foot scrub and pumice stone. Look for a scrub that contains hydrating essential oils such as Deserving Thyme Aromatherapy Purifying Foot Scrub: www.deservingthyme.com.
• Massage in a foot cream that contains urea, which draws moisture into your skin. Try Allpresan 3 Cream Foam (10 per cent urea): www.allpresan.ca.
Give yourself a five-minute manicure
• Remove old nail polish with a cotton ball and remover. Try Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Gel Nail Enamel Remover. Its consistency keeps it from dripping and making a mess: www.sallyhansen.com.
• Hydrate your cuticles with a thick cuticle cream such as Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Nail & Cuticle Therapy: www.crabtree-evelyn.com.
• Add moisture to overworked hands with The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector: www.thebodyshop.ca.
• Remove excess oil and lotion from your fingernails (use a cotton ball dipped in soapy water) before coating your nails in the season's hottest hue: a feminine, subtle pink. Try M.A.C Nail Lacquer in Twink Pink: www.maccosmetics.com.
• Don't forget to keep Q-Tips and remover on hand to fix polish slips and mishaps.
Page 2 of 2