But when you're trying to get ready in the morning or preparing for a night out on the town, how can you get sexy hair each and every time? We checked in with Harry Josh, International Creative Consultant for John Freida, to find out the tricks behind getting the soft, sexy look you desire.
Take a look at our favourite styling products to get a sexy look.
CanadianLiving.com: What does 'sexy hair' mean to you?
Harry Josh: It means a carefree, relaxed look. Sexy is synonymous with undone looks like waves, undone buns and messy up-dos.
CL.com: What mistakes do women often make when it comes to getting sexy hair? And what can we do to avoid these mistakes?
HJ: One of the biggest mistakes is looking 'too-done' so that their hair ends up looking like pageant hair. Not brushing through curls can cause the same problem, as can too much hairspray, product and volume. A rule of thumb is to always brush out your curls and go light on product.
CL.com: What tools and products do you recommend for getting a sexy look?
HJ: The key is mousse and hairspray, a curling iron and of course a hair dryer to get your look started.
Below is a step-by-step guide to getting my signature waves:
1. Start your style in the shower with John Frieda® Frizz-Ease® Curl Around® Style-Enhancing Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Rinse products out thoroughly.
3. Next, apply Frizz-Ease® Thermal Protection Hair Serum to seal the hair cuticle, seal out frizz and protect hair from heat styling damage.
4. On toweled-dry hair, apply Frizz-Ease Spiral-Style™ Spray Gel.
5. Start blow-drying hair. Dry it in sections with a two-inch round natural bristle brush.
6. Once hair is dry, section hair and start using the curling iron to create waves. Be sure to roll the hair backwards and away from the face, as this will create softer curls.
7. Once hair has been curled, flip head over to loosen up the curls and then spray hair with hairspray to hold your look.
8. Apply Frizz-Ease® Secret Weapon® Flawless Finishing Creme to smooth any flyaways.
9. Gently run your fingers through the curls, to break them up slightly and you are ready to go with frizz-free, gorgeous, touchable curls.
CL.com: What types of products do you recommend for creating and keeping your hair looking sexy all day?
HJ: Mousse is the key to getting the foundation right and hairspray to keep the look.
5 sexy hair dos
Harry Josh offers up these dos for getting perfect sexy hair.
• DO always use product.
• DO always brush curls out so they look natural.
• DO use a curling iron, but protect hair with a serum.
• DO flip head upside down.
• DO ask your hair stylist for long layers to give your hair movement.
Natalie Bahadur is the Senior Editor of styleathome.com and is a regular contributor to CanadianLiving.com.
Page 1 of 1