The “I woke up like this” skin on model Leanne Proctor can be achieved by anyone—you just need iridescence and a little know-how.
Firstly, Stroh suggests applying a moisturizing primer, then thinly layering on a lightweight foundation. For instantly brighter, dewier skin, choose a creamy highlighter in pale champagne, rose gold or pink. “Use your fingertip to dab the highlighter on the cheekbones, the inner corners of the eyes, the top of the lips and the bridge of the nose,” she says.
On the eyes, Stroh applied brown eyeshadow along the lash line and up to the crease, then blended. A pearly taupe was layered on top, with a pop of highlighter in the inner corners. Get the opaque “ice pop-stained” lips using lipstick, lip balm, a finger and a piece of paper. “It’s not your typical statement lip. Press the lipstick into your lips, blot them, then apply lip balm and blot again.” Repeat the process three or four times to give your colour longevity.
1. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Gin Fizz, $30, sephora.ca.
2. Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter in Fireball, $32, urbandecay.ca.
3. Benefit Watt’s Up! Cream-to-Powder Highlighter, $39, sephora.ca.
4. Guerlain Météorites Base Perfecting Pearls, $81, guerlain.ca.
5. Hard Candy Look Pro! Illuminate & Strobing Mix-In Drops in White Pearl, $9, walmart.ca.
6. Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation in Light Medium, $59, beautyboutique.ca.
7. CoverGirl TruNaked Eyeshadow in Nudes, $15, covergirl.ca.
8. Vaseline Lip Therapy Tin Original, $5, vaseline.ca.
This article was originally published in the June 2016 issue of Canadian Living magazine.
Spring makeup: A bronze and berry look
Spring perfume picks
Makeup with skin-care benefits