Photography by Geoffrey Ross Image by: Photography by Geoffrey Ross
A traditional floral perfume is the ideal match for a romantic personality. These ultrafeminine scents are teh powerhouses of the fragrance world.
Clockwise from left:
1. A gorgeous mix of rose, blackberry and musk gives this scent a lively sensuality. Very Irrésistible Givenchy L'Eau en Rose, 75 mL, $98, shoppersdrugmart.ca.
2. This blend of orange blossom, neroli (an essential oil distilled from bitter orange trees) and jasmine creates a fragrance that's both fresh and sexy. Chloé Love Story Eau de Parfum, 50 mL, $100, thebay.com.
3. Opening with a burst of mandarin and bergamot, this floral scent finishes with a bouquet of patchouli, sandalwood and musk. Donna Karan Liquid Cashmere Eau de Parfum, 100 mL, $120, thebay.com.
4. Jasmine, apple blossom and mandarin blend beautifully in this sweet floral. Daisy Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh Sorbet Eau de Toilette Spray, 75 mL, $95, thebay.com.
5. Featuring hand-picked flowers from Grasse, France (the world's perfume capital), this rose-based fragrance surprises with a hint of violet and other fresh flowers. Aerin Rose de Grasse, 50 mL, $205, sephora.ca.
6. RiRi's flirtatious limited-edition scent has notes of lemon blossom, rose, jasmine, patchouli and warm musk. Rogue Love by Rihanna, 75 mL, $59, shoppersdrugmart.ca.
Fresh citrus scents are the Pinot Grigio of the fragrance world: crisp and eternally green. Lemon, grapefruit and bergamot combine with earthier components such as grass to capture the outdoors.
Clockwise from left:
1. This spirited blend of green tea, bergamot, violet and camellia is easy on the wallet. The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Eau de Cologne, 100 mL, $20, thebodyshop.ca.
2. Grapefruit, lilac leaves, orange and tonka flowers are balanced with moss, cucumber and vanilla grass to create this captivating scent. Fresh Life Eau de Parfum, 100 mL, $103, sephora.ca.
3. This eau blends mandarin, lemon and bergamot with freesia, pistachio and patchouli for an inviting fresh bouquet. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraîche, 50 mL, $82, guerlain.com.
4. This sporty fragrance delivers invigorating lemon and orange along with notes of lotus, lilac, amber and musk. Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her Floral Eau de Toilette, 90 mL, $105, thebay.com.
The power player
If you like seductive scents, try a spicy fragrance. Sandalwood, amber and tobacco combine with notes such as praline and vanilla to create an exotic feminine bouquet.
1. This woody-floral-oriental has top notes of pink pepper and orange blossom with bottom notes of elegant cedar and sensual benzoin. Boucheron Place Vendôme Eau de Parfum, 50 mL, $90, thebay.com.
2. A spritz of this sultry perfume will leave your skin with a bewitching aroma of black rose, orchid absolute and lichee praline. Lancôme La Nuit Trésor Eau de Parfum, 50 mL, $98, thebay.com.
3. Complex yet elegant, this eau is composed of citrus top notes, heady floral middle notes and a warm spicy base. Chanel Coco Noir Eau de Parfum, 50 mL, $122, holtrenfrew.com.
4. This limited-edition fragrance seduces with notes of lilac, cardamom, amber and patchouli. Gucci Guilty Diamond Pour Femme Eau de Toilette, 75 mL, $118, thebay.com.
5. This perfume oil is an addictive blend of violet, sandalwood and rich vanilla. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Pure Perfume Oil, 14 mL, $42, sephora.ca.
6. Tudor rose blended with golden amber, clove and ginger creates a spicy sensual scent. Jo Malone London Tudor Rose & Amber Cologne, 30 mL, $75, holtrenfrew.com.
How to make the switch to natural skin care and cosmetics
How to manage oily skin
This story was originally published in the May 2015 issue of Canadian Living.
Subscribe to Canadian Living today and never miss an issue!