Carmen Electra<br>Image courtesy wireimage.com Image by: Carmen Electra<br>Image courtesy wireimage.com
Amanda created this little checklist for me – she says that if you have these basics in your closet, you'll always be stylish.
1. A pair of black, closed-toe, two- to three-inch heels. They go with anything – even jeans. And the heel height won't leave you crippled if you're on your feet all day. Look for leather, which will stretch and breathe the most and be the most comfortable, as opposed to other materials such as vinyl.
2. A pair of slimming, dark denim jeans. The cut and the waist don't matter. As long as the wash is a deep midnight blue and they fit you like a glove.
3. A V-neck cashmere sweater. A little loose, and a little plunging. What man wouldn't like to put his arms around a girl wearing this? Choose a colour that flatters your complexion – vibrant red or ultraslimming navy or black are usually best.
4. A pair of diamond stud earrings (real or faux). Every girl feels like a princess in these, and they add instant glamour, even to a T-shirt and sweats.
5. A great bra that really fits. Go and get measured; try one on and look at yourself from all angles, and make sure it does what it's supposed to do: lift, separate, support, and minimize or maximize.
6. Sexy panties. Lacy, leopard print, G-string. You name it. They can even be cheap, as long as they make you feel naughty under even the most conservative attire. They're an instant confidence booster, not to mention your very own dirty little secret.
7. An A-line skirt. Universally figure-flattering. If you are voluptuous, keep the length longer. If you have great legs, look for a mini. The colour and fabric don't matter either – as long as you love it.
8. A little black dress. The style – strapless, cap-sleeved, long-sleeve – is completely up to you. But simple and elegant is key; no froufrou touches or flashy details. You can always dress it up with accessories.
9. A great everyday bag. One that is made well, in a good material with nice hardware. It should be big enough to carry all your essentials yet shouldn't be so big that people mistake it for luggage. Again, price is not important here: you don't have to break the bank on the latest Marc Jacobs. Just look for a style that suits you – be it a satchel, sling or backpack.
10. A great evening bag. A simple black satin clutch or a gold or silver beaded one goes with everything – and adds instant glamour to even the most mundane black suit or dress.
|Excerpted from How to Be Sexy by Carmen Electra with Sheryl Berk. Copyright 2006 by Electra Blue Productions, Inc. Excerpted with permission from Broadway, a division of Random House, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced except with permission in writing from the publisher.|
Page 1 of 1