Image: San Daniele
Rosemary, asiago cheese, antipasto and Mortadella top crusty pizza dough for a tasty, finger-friendly app.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 16
- 1 ball (650 g) pizza dough
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded pecorino or Asiago cheese
- 8 slices San Daniele® Mortadella
- 1 cup (250 mL) marinara sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped pickled antipasto vegetable blend
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 16- x 10-inch (40 x 25 cm) rectangle. Stir together butter, garlic and rosemary; set aside.
2. Arrange dough on greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange mortadella on top. Cover with tea towel and let stand in warm place for 20 minutes.
3. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 16 breadsticks. In small bowl, stir marinara sauce with vegetable blend; serve with breadsticks for dipping.
Tip: Pickled antipasto vegetables can be found in jars in the condiment aisle or at the serve-yourself olive bar in most grocery stores.