- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 8 hours & 15 minutes
- Portion size 10 servings
In small saucepan, bring water and granulated sugar to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring, until liquid is clear and syrupy, about 3 minutes. Pour into measuring cup; let cool. Add tonic water, gin and lime juice. Place 3 mini cucumber slices into each ice pop mould. Pour in gin mixture, leaving 1⁄4-inch space at top; insert ice pop stick into centre of each mould. Freeze until firm, about 8 hours. When ready to serve, run moulds briefly under lukewarm water to release ice pops.
Ice Pop How-To
• Add sugar: Adding some sugar to the ice pops mixture yields a creamier, tastier final result. Fruits that are naturally mushy (bananas, mangos, avocados and peaches) are perfect for achieving a velvety texture.
• It’s important to leave 1⁄4-inch space at the top of the ice pop mould. When the mixture freezes, it grows in volume—and you don’t want your ice pops to overflow or ruin their shape.
• Place ice pops at the back of the freezer, where it’s colder, to avoid ice crystals forming.
• Avoid adding too much alcohol to your mixture, as the ice pops may not freeze.
Nutritional facts PER ICE POP: about
- Sodium 10 mg
- Calories 50
- Total fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 0 g
- Total carbohydrate 8 g