The monthly Canadian Living "Make It Tonight" feature helps get you through a busy week by providing recipes you can prepare in advance. Enjoy five carefree evenings with these pre-planned menus. We choose the meals and test the recipes; you make sure they get on the table. Easy enough? Here are five more recipes to ease you through the dinner hour, plus our salad of the month.
• Help-Yourself Turkey Tacos - Tacos are made special with the use of ground turkey and some avocado with sour cream, perfect for sharing with friends and family.
• Ham and Cheese Baguette Toast - Serve up a special breakfast for your loved ones with this Tested Till Perfect recipe for toast – topped with Black Forest ham and Parmesan cheese!
• Mixed Greens with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette - Dress up your regular salad with torn lettuce by drizzling some homemade tomato vinaigrette, made with good quality olive oil, on top. Serve with Ham and Cheese Baguette Toast (above).
• Family Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms and Onions - After cooking this family-sized steak to your desired level of doneness, all that's left is to add a few ingredients to the pan for a delicious, simple sauce.
• Succotash Soup - Make this hearty soup vegetarian by replacing the called-for amount of chicken stock with your favourite veggie brand.
• Grilled Cheese - Guaranteed to please kids of all ages, nothing beats a classic grilled cheese sandwich! Serve with Succotash Soup (above).
• Salmon Fillet over Spinach Salad with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette - This company-worthy salmon served on a bed of warm spinach salad is casual fine dining at it's best.
• Boiled Dill Potatoes - As a member of the parsley family, dill goes naturally well with potatoes, and is a great flavour enhancer to the starchy spud. This recipe makes a great side for a roast or broiled dish.
Salad of the Month:
• Maple-Glazed Squash and Apple Salad - A hearty salad of roasted squash and apples, accented with a delectable Canadian maple syrup dressing.
Photo: Salmon Fillet over Spinach Salad with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette
Photography by Yvonne Duivenvoorden
Page 1 of 1.