A quick, tasty and most importantly healthy meal from scratch.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Renee Jordan
Method1. Preheat the oven to 450ºF; with a pizza stone inside (if you have one).
2. Place the diced tomatoes, basil and garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and well mixed.
3. Spread about 1 tbsp of the pizza sauce on each of the four pitas (or more if you wish).
4. Evenly distribute the spinach leaves between the four pizzas and cover the sauce of each with a single layer of leaves.
5. Finely dice the red pepper and evenly distribute between the four pizzas.
6. Next, evenly distribute the Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese among the pizzas.
7. Sprinkle a dash of basil on top of the cheese for a garnish.
8. Place all four pizzas on the pizza stone or a baking sheet and place in he oven to cook for 8 minutes or until the cheese melts and lightly browns.
9. Remove pizzas from the oven and let them stand and cool before serving!