- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine
In bowl, whisk together miso, oil, sugar, mirin, sake (if using) and ginger; add salmon, turning to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes or for up to 8 hours.
Place salmon on greased foil-lined baking sheet. Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven until fish flakes easily when tested, 10 to 12 minutes. Broil until crusty and browned. Makes 4 servings.
NEED A SIDE? Baby Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Cut 12 oz (375 g) baby bok choy in half lengthwise; rinse between leaves. Blanch in boiling water until darkened, about 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Trim stems off 2 cups (500 mL) shiitake mushrooms; thickly slice caps.
- In skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter over medium-high heat; sauté mushrooms and 1 clove garlic, minced, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy; 1/4 cup (50 mL) water; 4 tsp (20 mL) soy sauce; 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil; and pinch hot pepper flakes; sauté until no liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to taste. Makes 4 servings.