A lovely onion and panko crust gives this chicken, stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese, a beautiful contrast in texture and taste. Pairs nicely with roasted seasonal vegetables.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Melissa Hampson Hampson
Method1. Slice chicken breast in half as if you are butterflying them.
2. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, pound the chicken to a thickness of approximately 1/4 inch thick.
3. Mix together the panko and onion crumbs in a large bowl.
4. Beat the egg in another bowl.
5. Slice the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces. Mix them with the ricotta cheese. Spread this mixture over the chicken pieces.
6. Roll the chicken.
7. Dip it in the egg wash with one hand and coat it with the crumbs using the other hand.
8. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.