Click for larger image Image by: <a href="https://www.canadianliving.com/upload/CanadianLiving/pool/lamp_75120.jpg"><b>Click for larger image</b></a>
• 4 to 6 used hardcover books
• Tape measure or ruler
• Lamp kit, or recycled lamp parts, including socket, cord, tube and harp (optional)
• Drill and bit equal to, or slightly larger than, diameter of lamp tube
• Hot-glue gun and glue
• 4 wood plugs, for feet
1. Measure and mark centre of each book.
2. Drill hole through centre point of each book, one at a time.
3. Beginning with largest book and ending with smallest, thread books onto tube one at a time, gluing book jackets together, if desired. Assemble lamp according to lamp kit instructions.
4. Using hot-glue gun, glue wood plugs to bottom of lamp, 2.5 cm (1 in) in from corners.
5. If required, attach harp to socket. Add lightbulb and shade.
Note: Some lamp kits do not include a tube. If using this type of kit, purchase tube separately. Be sure that tube is long enough to go through all books and to elevate socket above top book.
There's something for everyone, novices and experienced crafters alike, in our newsletter, Get Crafty. Sign up now to get the e-newsletter.
For more inspiration on crafting, don't forget to visit The Craft Blog too!
Page 1 of 1