Indulge your senses with homemade, all-natural body lotion that you can use daily for delicately perfumed, silky-smooth skin. It's very lightweight and not too greasy, so it's suitable for most skin types.
• 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
• 1/4 cup rosewater (see recipe below)
• 1 tbsp grated beeswax
• 4 drops vitamin E oil
How to make rose-scented body lotion
1. Over a double-boiler, combine the almond oil and grated beeswax. With water simmering, gently stir until beeswax has melted (about eight minutes).
2. Take mixture off of heat, and slowly pour in rosewater, stirring constantly.
3. Let the lotion mixture cool completely, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the vitamin E oil and stir to combine.
5. Spoon out the lotion into a clean container and seal.
Mother's Day craft: Rosewater recipe
Fill a one-litre Mason jar 3/4 full with fresh rose petals. Add a few tablespoons of vodka, and then fill the container with water. Use a wooden spoon to stir well.
Let your rosewater steep for at least a few days, or even up to two weeks for stronger rosewater. Strain and use in lotion or as a natural perfume.
Finding the right supplies
Sweet almond oil is available at select craft supply stores. You can also substitute another oil such as olive oil or canola oil.
Rosewater is available in small containers in most drug stores and pharmacies.
Beeswax is available in small bricks at most craft stores. Vitamin E oil acts as a preservative, and can be found in pharmacies in either liquid form or inside gelatin capsules.
This lotion makes an excellent gift. Use antique or unusual bottles or jars, and add a funky little gift tag with a single dried rose petal on it. Add to a gift basket, or give as a small gift alone.
Page 1 of 1