Style your bookcase like a pro with these simple tips.
1. Include natural elements such as plants and let them drape.
2. Start with books, then fill your space with smaller accessories and sculptural pieces.
3. Play with scale. Juxtaposing larger objects with more delicate pieces provides balance.
4. Stack, stand and stagger. Vary the way you display books and objects.
5. Group similar objects together to make them feel more important.
6. Layer art and decorative objects for visual interest.
For more decor inspiration, visit our Home and Garden channel.
This story was originally part of "Express Your Shelf" in the January 2016 issue. Subscribe to Canadian Living today and never miss an issue!