This little butterfly would love to hang out in your room! Clip the butterfly to your ceiling fan pull string, or your curtains.
Parental supervision is recommended.
This project is rated EASY to do.
What you need:
• Black chenille stem
• Paper coffee filter
• Water colour paints
• Paint brush
• Wooden clothespin
• 2 (4-6mm) Wiggle eyes
• Wire cutters
• Needle nose pliers
How to make it:
1. Cut the black chenille stem to 4". (You will only use the 4" piece for this project.)
2. Using water colour paints, paint the coffee filter. Let dry.
3. Accordion pleat the coffee filter in about 1/2" pleats.
4. Slide the butterfly in-between the opening of the wooden clothespin.
5. Fold the black chenille stem in half.
6. Separate the ends of the black chenille stem.
7. Bend one end of the black chenille stem over about 1/4". Bend again.
8. Repeat with other end. This makes the antennas.
9. Slide in-between the opening of the wooden clothespin.
10. Fan out the butterfly's wings.
11. Glue the wiggle eyes on the clothespin.
Page 1 of 1