[caption id="attachment_159" align="aligncenter" width="243" caption="Canadian Mojito, photography by Edward Pond"] [/caption] Hello friends! I know that summer started officially on June 21, but for me, it's not really summertime until Canada Day arrives in all its red-and-white glory. And if you're looking for a crafty way to mark our nation's birthday, I've got a few ideas for you.
- Keep the kids busy with one (or more) of these eight Canada Day crafts.
- Capture the colours of Canada with this spectacular quilt and wall-hanging.
- What's more Canadian than a knitted toque? (OK, so it might be a bit warm for that...but why not get a head-start?)
- And from around the web, some more ideas for you to try with your kids:
- Too hot to craft? Turn up the A/C and head over to Poppytalk for some good old Canadian design inspiration.
- Once you've crafted up an appetite, you might as well try this special menu for your Canada Day barbecue, straight out of The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. Mmmm-mmm. It's the perfect thing to fuel you up for an evening of fireworks and fun. (And don't forget dessert!)