OK, so I might have been a bit optimistic about the progress I'd make on my sweater this week. When last we met, I was looking forward to casting on for the front neck. That came together pretty quickly, but boy, those raglan increases sure start to add up! The 260-odd-stitch rounds were a bit of a slog toward the end. Trivia: I can knit 1.75 rounds on the subway ride to work. So far this week, in addition to knitting at home, I've worked on my sweater on the subway, at a mall, at a coffee shop, in a movie theatre and in a restaurant ( before the food came, of course). And I'm happy to report that I did get as far as separating the sleeves. I've got another couple inches before I hit the waist shaping...maybe by the end of the weekend? I should settle in for a good old-fashioned movie marathon and get down to business. I really am looking forward to being able to wear this sweater. A few notes:
- If you're a Ravelry member, check out the Classic Raglan KAL discussion thread in the Jane Richmond group.
- Big hellos to the knitters who've joined us since last week, including: Céline, Nicole, Zen Mama, Sadie, Ann, Teena, Hannah and Shannon. Welcome, knitters!
- How to upload photos to the comments. It would be great to see how your knitting is progressing – here's how to share photos. When you're looking at the comment box at the bottom of this post, look just below the bottom left corner of the comment box. There should be a button that says "+ Image" – here's an example.
- Type your comment, then click the "+ Image" button. A window should open so that you can choose a file from your computer to upload. When you're ready, click "Post."
- You'll get something that looks like this. Ta da!
- (Edited to add: To see a bigger version of the photo, click on the thumbnail photo in the comments. A window will pop up so you can view a larger picture.)