These wooly poms make equally great gift toppers as winter wear accessories. Pin a few onto glove backs or tocque tops, use them as fun winter zipper pulls, or accessorize your ice skates with a custom pair of poms. They’re so simple to make your kids will love to assmeble a few jaunty poms of their own.You Will Need:
- Yarn in one or more colours
- Cardboard rectangle 3 inches wide by 7 inches long.
- Wrap yarn around cardboard rectangle 40-80 times. The more you wrap, the fluffier your resulting pom!
- If you want a multicoloured pom pom, simply add contrasting colour yarn at this stage.
- Take a 5 Inch scrap of yarn and tie a knot around the middle of one side.
- Ease your knotted ball off the cardboard. Wrap the ends of the knotted scrap around the other side of the ball and tie a knot in the middle. Your yarn ball should now be cinched tightly around the middle.
- Snip the looped ends all around.
- Trim and even out your pom.
Knot a few ends around the closed side of a kilt pin or a large safety pin to make a cute winter brooch!