Photography by Donna Griffith
Assembled from canning lids, spray paint and washi tape, these pumpkin decorations are a cinch to put together. Forget spooking your neighbours—a classy metallic finish provides plenty of wow factor indoors and out.
This project is low cost and easy to make. Unleash your inner artist: For an even more daring look, throw some bolder and brighter colours into the mix.
- 18 canning lids (78 mm)
- Large piece of cardboard
- Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Spray Paint in Copper Rose or Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Multi-Purpose Paint in Flat Black
- Scotch Expressions Washi Tape in Black/Copper Triangle Foil or Copper
- Ribbon (to match pumpkin's base colour)
1. Spread out the lids on the cardboard. Spray paint one side of the lids; let dry completely. Turn the lids over and spray paint the other side; let dry completely. Add a second coat, if necessary.
2. Apply the washi tape around each lid. (For easier placement, align one edge of the tape with the rim of the lid.)
3. Set the lids on their sides, all facing the same direction.Arrange in a circle; secure together with the ribbon. Insert driftwood in the middle to create a stem.