If your budget for Halloween is a little limited or you are passionate about crafts. Here are 5 ideas of decoration to make yourself, at lower costs :
1. Paper bats
- Take all the flyers or recycling paper you have lying around and paint it black.
- Fold the paper in half and cut out half of a bat
- Repeat this fifty times
- With tape or pegboard, tape your bats to the wall in a way that mimics their flight.
2. Witches' brooms
This is a great opportunity to go for a walk in the woods with the family and make witch brooms that are more real than ever.
- Find a large, strong branch to make the main stick
- Gather all the branches you see on the ground
- When you get home, take some string and hang the small branches on the end of the stick
- Make one for each member of the family
3. Scary candlesticks
- Keep the glass bottles you drank: beer or wine
- Paint them black, whole or on purpose
- Stick your candles in the neck of the bottle and let the wax drip on the bottle
4. Floating Witches Hats
- Take all the flyers or recycling paper you have lying around and paint it black
- Cut a first circle of 38 cm diameter, then cut the inside of this circle, in the middle, a hole of 14 cm diameter (like a donught)
- With another paper, cut a rounded triangle and cut slits on the rounded part
- Create a cone with this triangle, and tape it (or staple it to hold)
- Put the cone through the hole in the donught and fold the tabs underneath
- Glue the tabs under the hat part
- Create several and hang them in the gallery or in the entrance to give its little effect.