Image: Nancy Falconi
These easy-to-make Halloween buckets are perfect for festive decorations. Or, send them out with your little ones for trick-or-treating!
What you'll need:
- Bucket (such as ice cream container, plastic pail)
- Black and orange pipe cleaners
- Black and orange construction or tissue paper
- Artificial leaves
- Black acrylic paint
- Assorted decorations (trims, ribbon, pompoms, lace, beads)
- Craft glue
1. Working on protected surface, paint twigs and artificial leaves black. Let dry.
2. Cut construction or tissue paper to fit around bucket; glue in place. Cut out decorative shapes from contrasting colour. Glue twigs, leaves and assorted decorations onto buckets as desired.
3. Poke holes in opposite sides of bucket. Thread pipe cleaner through holes, twisting ends to secure handles.
Designer's note: To add a funky paper fringe, glue a 5 cm (2 inch) piece of construction paper around top edge of bucket. Cut strips all around bucket; using scissors or pencil, curl strips slightly.
Need a last-minute Halloween costume? Find out how to make an easy mask here!
There's something for everyone, novices and experienced crafters alike, in our newsletter, Get Crafty. Sign up to get the e-newsletter today!