Create an entire swirling universe, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.
You will need:
Glass jar with a lid
Light corn syrup
Glitter, metallic confetti, aluminum foil
Optional: A plastic space alien or any other far out objects
1. Using warm water and soap, clean and remove any labels from your jar. Dry the jar.
2. Fill the jar 2/3 with corn syrup.
3. Add a few tablespoons of glitter and metallic confetti. If you do not have glitter and confetti, cut the aluminum foil into tiny bits. Roll the bits into balls to create planets.
4. If you have a plastic alien, or any other spacey objects, add it to the jar.
5. Fill the jar to the top with water.
6. Screw on the lid tightly!
Shake up the jar for a magical meteor shower.
Excerpted from Cool Crafts for Creative Kids (Chronicle Books, 2001) by Jennifer Knapp. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.