Photography by Ryan Brook
Spruce up your table decor, with fiery colours inspired by the great Canadian landscape. Whether you're hosting Thanksgiving dinner, or just enjoying a quick and easy weeknight meal with your family, these autumn-themed napkin rings are the perfect way to usher in the harvest season.
Berry garland napkin rings
Making a set of harvest napkin rings is as simple as one, two, three.
• 1.5 m berry garland, such as Ashland Fall Berry Garland ($14, michaels.com)
• Wire cutters
• Paper towel roll
Take a look at a larger image of a finished harvest napkin ring.
How to make fall napkin rings:
1. Unroll berry garland; use wire cutters to cut into 6- to 8-inch (15 to 20 cm) lengths.
2. With pliers, bend cut ends of wire over to hide sharp edges.
3. Wrap each length of garland around an empty paper towel roll, twisting one end around garland layers to secure.
4. Slide ring off paper towel roll.
5. To use, pull napkin through ring.
For another colourful harvest craft for your table, learn how to make a pumpkin centrepiece.