Photography by Ryan Brook Image by: Photography by Ryan Brook
Add this easy-to-make embellishment to your next gift as a topper or fun accessory.
These wooly poms make equally great gift toppers as winter wear accessories. Pin a few onto glove backs or toque tops, use them as fun winter zipper pulls, or accessorize your ice skates with a custom pair of poms. They're so simple to make, your kids will love to make a few jaunty poms of their own.
You Will Need:
• Yarn in one or more colours
• Cardboard rectangle 3 inches wide by 5 inches long.
Click here to see the full image.
1. Wrap yarn around cardboard rectangle 40-80 times. The more you wrap, the fluffier your resulting pom!
2. Take a 5 Inch scrap of yarn and tie a knot around the middle of one side.
3. Ease your knotted ball off the cardboard. Wrap the ends of the knotted scrap around the other side of the ball and tie a knot in the middle.
4. Snip the looped ends all around.
5. Trim and even out your pom.
Sign up for our monthly Get Crafty newsletter right here.