Photography: Sarah Gunn
Are ghoulish ghosts and spooky skeletons not your style? Try a pumpkin carving that matches your decor, like these stylish white nautical numbers.
You will need:
- White pumpkins
- Sharp knife
- Large spoon
- Garbage bags
- Blank paper, pencil and scissors (or a printed piece of paper)
- Tea light
1. Cut the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the "guts" with a large spoon.
2. Choose a theme for your pumpkins. Draw the shapes you want to cut on the pumpkin on blank pieces of white paper and cut them out. Alternatively, you can do an image search online, transfer them to a word document, enlarge each one, and then print them.
3. Cut the shape out and place it against the pumpkin. Trace it lightly with pencil.
4. Carefully cut the shape using a sharp knife.
5. Place a tea light or other small candle inside and replace the lid.