Hi friends, With eleven days to go before Christmas, there's a chance you're feeling the crafting crunch. At this time of year, the projects I like most are quick knits – especially small projects with a big visual impact. Here are five sure-fire hits:
- French Press Felted Slippers – Cute and warm, who could ask for more? These hit the big time a couple winters ago, but they haven't lost any of their charm in the intervening seasons. ($5 download, available on Ravelry.)
- Grammy's Hat and Mittens – Free from Tanis Fiber Arts, these are a little bit retro and a lot awesome. Anyone who receives a set will surely feel loved. Also: pom-poms!
- Turn a Square Beanie – Free from Brooklyn Tweed. It's manly and modern and the stripes keep it interesting as you knit.
- Bandana Cowl – Free from the Purl Bee. Perfect for a skein of luxury yarn, as a gift for the person in your life with effortless style.
- Knitted Neck Scarf – Free from Martha Stewart. I love this jaunty scarf – imagine one in a bright colour to add a pop of life to your I mean, your sister's, winter coat.