Hi friends, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't totally stoked that the weekend is just hours away. We've been working hard this week, and last night I was shocked to realize that it's already the middle of May! What?! How did that happen? Oh well. I've got a fun new scarf, the leaves are out in full force, and if I play my cards right, maybe I'll get to the farmer's market early enough tomorrow to score a branch of lilac for my kitchen table. (Or peonies. Is it too early to be wishing for peonies?) Aside from venturing down to the market, I've got a crafty to-do list that is a MILE long. There are stacks of fabric and pyramids of yarn lurking on every available surface in my apartment, and the whisper of my works-in-progress is rising to an all-out clamour. Yikes! Here's what I'm hoping to do this weekend:
- Catch up on my blocks for the Maple Leaf Bee. I'm two months behind (oh dear!). I'm going to tackle a scrappy spiderweb block and one of these pinwheels (made with awesome vintage sheets, no less)
- I will cast on for my Tea Leaves sweater if it kills me. As soon as I buy a(nother) new knitting needle. (Where do they go?)
- I need to turn a whole whackload of skeins into yarn balls. Hm...swift and ball winder? It might be time to make the investment.
- Back up my computer. (I know, the glamour and the glory, huh?)
- I'd love to start working on this new shirt.
- Speaking of new shirts....look, ruffles!
- Considering what's already on the list, I'll be actively trying to resist thinking about this hourglass sweater! Although I do already own the book with the pattern in it...