Supplies (for each):
â€¢ Mini terra-cotta flowerpot, 1-3/4 inch in diameter*
â€¢ Styrofoam ball, 1-1/2 in in diameter*
.30 m gold wire-edged ribbon, 5/8 in wide*
â€¢ Cranberry red and metallic gold acrylic paints*
â€¢ Artist's paintbrush*
â€¢ Floral foam*
â€¢ Green sheet moss*
â€¢ Piece of card stock, approx 5 x 3.5 cm
(2 x 1-3/8 in)*
â€¢ Decorative-edge scissors* (optional)
â€¢ Metallic gold fine-tip marker*
â€¢ White craft glue*
â€¢ Sturdy twig or wooden skewer
â€¢ 1/4 cup (50 mL) of birdseed
â€¢ Plastic container
â€¢ Small piece of sponge
â€¢ Sharp paring knife
* Available at craft supply stores.
1. Pour small amount of glue into container. Dip 1 end of twig into glue; push into ball. Dip ball into glue, then roll in birdseed to coat. Stand twig in empty jar; let dry for 24 hours. Moisten sponge with water, then use to gently dab gold paint onto ball; let dry. With knife, cut 13 mm (1/2-inch) deep slit down through top of ball to accommodate place card.
2. With brush, paint pot red; let dry. Moisten sponge with water, then use to gently dab gold paint all over pot; let dry.
3. If desired, trim edge of card with scissors. With marker, draw decorative border on card and write name.
4. Trim and fit floral foam snugly into pot. Trim twig to approx 6.5 cm (2-1/2 in), then dip cut end into glue and push into foam. Glue moss onto foam; let dry for 12 hours.
5. Slide place card into ball. Tie ribbon around twig.