Finished doll measures approx 6 cm (2-1/4 in) tall.
Super tacky craft glue
1. With a sharp knife, cut matchsticks for legs, body and arms, as shown in diagram. File top of arms on an angle. Glue legs to each side of body.
2. Dress: Secure beginning of floss to arm with a dab of glue and wrap from wrist to shoulder, leaving 2 mm (1/16 in) exposed at bottom for hands. Cut floss and secure end with a dab of glue. Wrap second arm in same manner.
3. Secure floss to back of doll with glue and wrap around legs and body from knees to shoulders. Do not cut floss. Glue arms to side of body at shoulders. Continue wrapping floss around upper body and arms in a crisscross fashion over chest and under arms. Cut and secure floss.
4. Head: Secure and wrap layers of flesh-coloured floss around head from shoulders to top of stick until head is approx 8 mm (5/16 in) in diameter. Cut and secure floss.
5. Hair: Dab glue on top and sides of head. For long hair, lay approx 6 lengths of hair-coloured floss across head from side to side. Gather into ponytails. For short hair, lay strands across head from front to back and trim to desired length. For spiked hair, cut short strands and glue in place straight up. For curly hair, wrap floss around a wooden skewer, soak in water, then let dry overnight. Remove from skewer and glue to head.
Skirt: Wrap floss from knees to waist only.
Shirt/Blouse: Wrap arms and from waist to shoulders in same colour of floss. If desired, use 2 colours of floss side by side to create stripes.
Pants: Before gluing legs to body, wrap them with floss, leaving bottom ends exposed for feet. Glue legs to body, then wrap from hips to waist in same colour as pant legs.
Belt: Wrap floss around waist a couple of times and secure ends with glue.
Small piece of thin, flat wood, 3 cm (1-1/8 in) square (we used a paint stir stick)
.85 m black braided cord, 4 mm in diameter
2.5 cm piece of black elastic, 6 mm wide
Black acrylic paint and paintbrush
2 black pony beads
1. Paint wooden square. Place elastic across centre back of square and glue only the ends in place.
2. Glue pony beads on ends of cord. Fold cord in half and thread looped end through elastic on back of square. Square should be held tightly in place on cord but still move freely up and down cord when pulled gently.
3. Glue worry doll to front of square.
Purchased hair barrette with wide flat surface
3 worry dolls
Super tacky craft glue
Glue dolls side by side on barrette.
Piece of thin flat wood approx 3 x 7 cm (1-1/8 x 2-3/4 in) (we used a paint stir stick)
Acrylic paint and paintbrush
Glue gun or super tacky craft glue
Paint wooden rectangle as desired. Glue worry doll to front and glue pin back to back of rectangle.