How not to lose a poppy? You don’t. You’re meant to buy more. (FYI, last year alone, $14 million was raised from selling 18 million poppies.) But if you want to keep it, here’s some suggestions:
- It’s apparently disrespectful to use a pin, but earring backings are quite appropriate.
- A pencil eraser is also ideal.
- Tape can work, but you need weigh it right: wrap it tight enough to last, but not so much that it bulges and slides off.
- Duct tape, however, is not advisable as it can leave adhesive residue.
- Stitch it. 2 whips will usually do it.
- Blu-tack simply doesn’t work.